[NSRCA-discussion] Hobby King Arcus F3A Biplane

Jon Lowe jonlowe at aol.com
Tue Mar 18 05:09:18 AKDT 2014

I got one this past week.  Yeah shipping was ridiculous.  But the plane is very nice.  Well packed and protected.  Easy to put together, took about 45 minutes.  Even comes with an exact Chinese copy of an APC prop.  Only way to tell it's fake is it has a China hobby name on the hub instead of APC.

The think I like about this is that the control surfaces are pattern sized, not 3D sized.  I haven't hooked up a receiver yet, so don't know how good the servos are.  But Solar digitals in this size are about $7 apiece, and they have very good resolution.

I have a couple of 2200 3s packs I will try, and I ordered a couple of 4s packs.  The manual says 3s, but the HK page says 3s or 4s.  Battery compartment seems adequate for light 4s packs.

No instructions for the ESC.  They do tell you how to turn off the brake should you turn it on, but nothing about setting end points, etc.  It isn't labeled with a HK sticker, so I don't know what it is.  Guess I'll do some online searching.

Looking forward to flying it,  but weather and the F3P Team Trial this weekend are conspiring against me.

Jon