[NSRCA-discussion] Cellpro 10XP/Turnigy 10XP electrolytic capacitor failures

Jon Lowe jonlowe at aol.com
Fri Jul 4 09:13:43 AKDT 2014

I've had two capacitor failures on the listed chargers; same guts made by the same company, slightly different firmware. These are the large black capacitors visible thru the fan opening.  In both cases, the bottom blew off instead of the top splitting open along the pressure relief scoring. This is a 63volt, 470uf, Huong branded electrolytic.  In both cases, I was able to replace them with name brand capacitors, and the chargers work fine, one for about a year after repair. I will write up a how to in my next Kfactor article.

Has anyone else seen this failure? These appear to be on the output side, and I have no clue why it has occurred.

Jon