[NSRCA-discussion] New AJ 5S 5000 pattern plane

Bill Pritchett billpritch at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 5 14:54:17 AKST 2014

I should add that Greyson has done very well with one as well.  While it's not 2M, it's not as imposing on a young person.  That matters a lot when you're 8!!...he is flying a new Monolog this season that we're finishing up (thanks Mike Mueller!) and he keeps saying, "wow, that looks so big" as it sits in the workshop.
The other thing about the 5S setup, in addition to using them later in a 2M, is that if you really use a watt meter, prop it properly, and don't push the packs too long the batteries will be OK.  So, my vote is a single 5S setup and a 2M - not necessarily the same plane.
Bill