[NSRCA-discussion] Osiris 47 inch wings needed

John Gayer jgghome at comcast.net
Tue Feb 4 15:45:45 AKST 2014

Andrew,
Definitely a vote from me for 2 meter size. I believe it would be
difficult to create a design that would be effective for all powerplant
types without pushing the envelope on weight for electric. And since you
fly electric....
Would like to see a design that can be completed at about 4400-4600
grams when using reasonably light components but without extra expense
for ultralight gear struts and wingtube, etc.
You probably would be best designing for AMA classes and have a separate
instructions/parts package that will fully enable F3A Finals/Unknowns.

Built up balsa wings/stab and composite fuselage seems to be the way to
go if you want to keep cost and weight reasonable.

Put me down for the first preorder. I'm assuming a price around two
thousand.

What happened to 2M Osiris and Proteus? Or do you just want to go
forward from here?

For smaller planes you could hardly do better than obtaining the
rights(if you don't have them) to the 47 and 62 Osiris and getting them
back into the hands of the public.

John