[NSRCA-discussion] 2015 proposed Master's maneuvers

James Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Mon Aug 11 11:02:55 AKDT 2014

I'm not sure I have the latest proposed sequence, but the one I have has got a downwind half reverse Cuban turnaround after a downwind roll combination.  That looks like a recipe for moving the pitch maneuver plane out to 300 meters.  Is that what we want?

When I started contest flying, prior to turnaround, we flew low and close, probably within 100 meters and below 600 feet.  I couldn't believe how high and far out many of the guys were flying at Miramar this past weekend.  We were told that the reason we were going to turnaround was to decrease the noise footprint.  It didn't work.

I guess with electric the noise is no longer a problem, but we need to do something to bring the maneuvers in closer where they can be judged better.  I say get rid of the 60 degree box and let the criterion be, is it in a position to be judged?

Jim