[NSRCA-discussion] Unknowns

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 06:16:54 AKDT 2014

My NATS ED predecessor (Arch Stafford) recommended the unknowns be generated prior to the NATS to avoid a late-night scramble on Wednesday to generate the aresti diagrams.  In hindsight this was wise advice. This year we had a rain delay on Wednesday afternoon that had the potential to wreak havoc on the Thursday Finals, so my stress level was up slightly already ;)

Also, the FAI rules state that the unknowns must be provided to the finalists 12 hours prior to the start of the unknown flights:

5G.1. (partial) "The composition of any unknown schedule shall be completed no less than 12 hours before the commencement of finals flights for unknown schedules."

and the rules also state:

"5G.5. Aresti drawings of the unknown schedules must be provided to finalists and judges."

The rules are not clear on whether or not the aresti diagrams are included in the 12 hour rule.

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com