[NSRCA-discussion] Bakersfield Bash scores are on the NSRCA website...

ronlock at comcast.net ronlock at comcast.net
Tue Apr 29 05:21:29 AKDT 2014

+1

Ron Lockhart

----- Original Message -----

From: "Mark Atwood" <atwoodm at paragon-inc.com>
To: "General pattern discussion" <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 2:01:04 AM
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Bakersfield Bash scores are on the        NSRCA        website...

It does not normalize the rounds.  One round can be worth more than another.  Easy vs hard judges, calm vs windy conditions, etc.  Especially with throw aways it's critical that all the round have the same "value".

That said, I can see an interest in normalizing to the average score, rather than to the top score.  It minimizes some of the variance when a key flyer doesn't fly the round either due to a problem or simply choosing not to fly after winning the first 4 rounds.  Particularly in that last scenario, it makes the remaining rounds much more valuable to the 2nd and 3rd place flyers.

Sent from my average intelligence  phone