[NSRCA-discussion] flutter again

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Fri Sep 13 13:46:50 AKDT 2013

On 09/13/13 13:34, George Kennie wrote:
> The plane with the tape hinges was modified with balance tabs that I
> made up at the exact weight of the total surface and added an additional
> sub small surface at a different incidence and nothing changed.

I wasn't thinking of statically balancing the surfaces, but rather
having a tab on the surface that extended forward of the hinge line to
give the servo some aerodynamic assistance.  The incidence would match
the control surface since the tab is just an extension of the surface.
Full scale aircraft use them all the time to reduce control surface forces.

--
Tom

   "Z80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, she's
         sucking mud again!" - Error message on XENIX v3.0

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com