[NSRCA-discussion] Intermediate Question - Two 1/2 rolls, Opposite

Larry Diamond ldiamond at diamondrc.com
Fri Sep 13 06:31:37 AKDT 2013

How long does the pause at inverted need to be.

If I roll inverted and then roll upright in the opposite direction, is it assumed there was a pause because it is natural in 1/2 rolls in opposite directions; or, must there be a lengthy hesitation?

It's been awhile since I've flown in a contest... 2010 with a Zen 50 (only two contest that year); prior to that was 2007 w/ a 2M plane...

As I recall the length of pause is not a downgrade. However, being a spectator at a contest earlier this year I noted many Intermediate pilots with a very long pause, almost or likely an inverted flight segment in the manuever as the length of inverted seemed much more than just a pause perhaps a second or so.

Inverted segment must be centered. For scoring, if I roll early to inverted, I must hold the same length on the other side of center so that the inverted segment is centered. Not a questioning this...

Probably should have clarified this prior to the day before a contest... LOL

Larry Diamond