[NSRCA-discussion] Note to Self

Larry Diamond ldiamond at diamondrc.com
Wed Sep 4 12:58:53 AKDT 2013

I wasn't asked, but I'll tell you. I learned to play golf while in the Navy lets just say a few years back... In 1985, yes I remember the year, I was asked to never return to the golf course. I obliged and learned to fly RC planes, yes... in 1985...

The LT didn't appreciate the fact I took a bucket of balls to the course. By the time way played back around to the clubhouse (9th hole) I was out of balls. His little helper came running full blast at me... "You come with me, You come with me"... That is how I met the LT... He asked me where all the balls went as he pointed to my empty bucket and I replied, "back on the course, sir". He asked specifically where on the course and I said, "Look some are in the woods, but most went in the water and I wasn't about to go after them.". He was getting pissed and I was only an E-4, but with a little bit of an attitude perhaps and way too much humor for my own good... The LT asked, "What the hell are you doing playing my course with a bucket of balls?", and I replied, "You have any idea how much it would cost me if I played with my own balls?". He smiled, then asked me to never come back or he would discuss my golf game with my Commanding Officer....

I promised to never played golf again, as I was a man of my word...

;^)

True Story... San Diego...