[NSRCA-discussion] Electrical Help

Patrick Harris harris7148 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 09:16:43 AKDT 2013

The formula for voltage drop is: Voltage Drop = I times R

I = current in Amps
R = Resistance of the conductor in Ohms

So for any given length of wire, the resistance will increase as the size
of the conductor deceases and the voltage will drop for any given level of
draw (amps).

In other words in your case, lets say you put a load on the circuit of a
given length that draws x amount of amps, you will see a voltage drop as
the conductor size reduces (resistance increases).

As the formula is stated, if you have no "current" draw, you will have no
voltage drop, but why would you have a circuit if you didn't put a load on
it?  In other words the voltage will drop.

This will calculate it for you.

http://www.calculator.net/voltage-drop-calculator.html