[NSRCA-discussion] Battery discharge/storage question

Ron Hansen rcpilot at wowway.com
Wed May 8 15:01:28 AKDT 2013

I leave my packs on full charge all of the time except during the winter
when I store them at between 50 - 75% charge (storage charge).

I've only had one pack act up.

A few weeks before I re-charged my packs for the first time this spring
after being in a storage state all winter I noticed a strange chemical smell
in the ammo can I use to store them in.  I didn't think anything of it.
Well about 3 weeks later I decided to charge them up to go flying when I
notice one of the packs had started to leak.  I threw that one away (full
discharge then salt water bath).

Otherwise, all of my packs (2+ years old) seem to have the same amount of
power as some of the newer ones I've purchased recently.

Ron