[NSRCA-discussion] CIAM Meeting Representation

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Tue Mar 12 16:12:20 AKDT 2013

We can run off and vilify the AMA over this, but I think some of the reality is that there are soooooo many niche's in the FAI program that trying to determine how to completely support them all is financially impractical in this day and age.  Yes, we're one of the pillars, but our total participation at the FAI level is actually VERY low.  I think a total of 10 people this past cycle.  That in itself is a problem, but regardless, it become difficult for the AMA to support sending a rep for every FAI program that has 10 paying participants.    I just checked.. .we had 11 participants in 2012 and 11 in 2010.  Control line scale had about the same.

We should strongly consider trying to work this into the NSRCA budget in some way.  It's important to us collectively, regardless of the total number that actually pay for an FAI stamp.  They lead the program that we follow, and establish all the rules for our international competitions.  It's important that we (the NSRCA) have a voice at the table.

Just my $0.02

Mark Atwood
Paragon Consulting, Inc.  |  President
5885 Landerbrook Drive Suite 130, Cleveland Ohio, 44124
Phone: 440.684.3101 x102  |  Direct: 440-229-2502
Fax: 440.684.3102
mark.atwood at paragon-inc.com<mailto:mark.atwood at paragon-inc.com>  |  www.paragon-inc.com<http://www.paragon-inc.com/>