[NSRCA-discussion] Air Conditioned Shop

astropuppy astropuppy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 05:48:09 AKDT 2013

This list sure is a great resource, before yesterday I didn't have any idea
there was such a thing as a "Mini Split Air conditioner".

Here's the low down on my wife. She inspects laboratory's for a living and
frequently mandates they be cooler. Long story short she says a Mini Split
unit probably works better then a window or portable unit. And here I
thought I had married a bimbo. Bad news is the cost comes out of the
airplane budget.

Mini Splits seem to be all the rage on the web. Amazon has some lower
priced units with good reviews  Here's 18,000 btu for $728 which puts cost
inline with a large window unit. The best solution for my shop would be a
ceiling mount.
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Conditioner-Dehumidification-Ventilation-Installation/dp/B0095VAEOC/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_2/176-5609692-6728554