[NSRCA-discussion] LIPO Question

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 27 08:32:11 AKDT 2013

Thanks all.
We get what we pay for may apply here but how much do I really need.
Most of my pattern flying is done during the summer in ambient temperature
between 85 and 95 degrees and I was looking for a way to predict temperature
rise associated with battery resistance. Unless I'm completely off base,
kicking some rough numbers yesterday led me to believe battery resistance
would produce 15 / 30 BTUh, likely to increase with ongoing usage, but I
couldn't begin to guess the specific heat of a LIPO to get a predictable
temperature rise. I may have to back flush a usable constant from collected
data.
I'm about out of fuel and it looks like I can start flying the E-160
tomorrow. I guess the data logger will give me additional battery comparison
and flight performance information.

Jim