[NSRCA-discussion] LIPO Question

SilentAV8R Silentav8r at cox.net
Fri Jul 26 12:58:51 AKDT 2013

The math is nice, but now I am confused. I have a set of old tired packs
that consistently have IR around 1.5 milli-ohms per cell.
I have some newer cells that run around 2.5 milli-ohms per cell.
Yet the newer packs (with the higher IR) come down cooler, produce more
power (same prop/motor/plane) and have higher voltages at the end of the
flight.

Seems to me that there is more to this story than simply internal
resistance.

I also wonder just how precise and accurate the chargers we have that we
measure the cell IR with really are.

Bill