[NSRCA-discussion] Master Scoring program

Scott McHarg scmcharg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 16:55:58 AKST 2013

For those of you interested, I have started playing with Scott Smith's
Master Scoring program on Windows 8 Pro.  There are a few tricks at this
point to get it to install.  I have been in communication with Scott about
these issues.  If you are running Windows 8 and want to install the
program, here is what you need to do.  Again, Scott is updating the program
to run on Report Viewer 2012 and I'm sure he'll update us but there will
still be a step to do unless he includes it in the installation of the
program.

For Windows 8 Pro (I'm going to also try this on Win 8 RT once I get a
chance):

1. Install Microsoft System CLR Types for SQL Server 2012.  They are
located at
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=29065 and
about 3/4 of the way down the page.  You will have to select x86 (32-bit
systems) or x64 (64-bit systems) based on your machine.  The section looks
like this:

Microsoft® System CLR Types for Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012
The SQL Server System CLR Types package contains the components
implementing the geometry,
geography, and hierarchy id types in SQL Server 2012. This component can be
installed separately
from the server to allow client applications to use these types outside of
the server.

2. Install Report Viewer 2012 located here
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35747

3. Until Scott gets the Report Viewer 2012 up and running (which I would
guess would be very soon), you'll still need to install Report Viewer 2010
on top of 2012 which will do so automatically from Scott's site.

4.  The program will then run and install normally.

I am uncertain if the System CLR Types did the trick or if it is the Report
Viewer 2012 but it works.  I haven't tried using it yet but this is what is
required for installation.

Regards,
Scott McHarg

--