[NSRCA-discussion] Raffle & Paypal

Bill's Email silentav8r at cox.net
Sat Jan 5 21:02:08 AKST 2013

On 1/5/13 9:02 PM, Derek Koopowitz wrote:
> This happened to the NSRCA account several years ago... Paypal's terms of service expressly forbid raffles.

In fact, the IRS takes a dim view of them as well. My wife used to work
in the fundraising office at the hospital where she works and they got
sideways with the Gubbermint about "raffles". They can hold them now,
but they must call them "opportunity drawings" and give a free ticket to
anyone who requests one. Nobody ever does and they do not advertise that
option, but those are the rules. Rule #1 is do not use the "R" Word.

Bill