[NSRCA-discussion] Team financial support

Scott McHarg scmcharg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 16:50:42 AKST 2013

I think that we forget about other countries and their participation in FAI
competition.  Although the U.S. has arguably the most amount of pattern
fliers, we don''t look at FAI the same way most others do.  Most countries
look at FAI as the goal and the only reason to begin flying pattern.  All
lower classes are just stepping stones to get to that level and are there
to support FAI.

We are also disassociated with the "World Circuit" simply due to location.
 Frequently, other countries nationals are attended by many countries due
to the proximity to each other.  My guess is if we compared the other
countries of the world and interest in FAI to ours, they'd definitely have
a leg up.  Every 2 years is probably not often enough for many other
countries or, at the very least, just right.