[NSRCA-discussion] Intermediate Questions

Larry Diamond ldiamond at diamondrc.com
Wed Aug 28 06:51:55 AKDT 2013

Getting better acquainted with the 2M Monolog and plan to attend the Huntsville, AL contest in a couple weeks Sept 14/15...

There is nobody close to help with coaching so, I have questions about Intermediate...

What is a normal flight time for the sequence?

I flew two sequences in a light cross wind (5-10mph) and both flights were very near 6 minutes each from timer on (switched with the idle down function and prop turning before takeoff) to timer off at final approach for landing.

First pair of batteries I replaced 2,850mA (+/- 50mA) each; and, the other set I put 2,890mA back in one and the other I put back in 3,085. I might need to match up the batteries with regard to IR and keep them as a pair.

This seems kind of low on energy consumption and flight time… Probably need to work on getting bigger radii in the Reverse Cuban, Double I, and the Humpty Bump (Pull/Push/Push). Seems like my maneuvers could be taller and a bit slower…

Going to the field again this after-noon for more practice... :-)

Set Up:
Hi-Max 6330-210
ICE II 80HV
APC 21x14.5