[NSRCA-discussion] NSRCA-discussion message size increased

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Mon Aug 19 08:05:21 AKDT 2013

Hi folks,

In the past few weeks, multiple people have been thwarted in trying to
send legitimate messages to the list that were over the previous 200K
size limit.  Back in the early days of this list**, most users were on
dialup connections, e-mail was largely plain text and 200K was a large
message.

These days though, I expect the majority of subscribers have some flavor
of broadband Internet connection and 200K can be a real challenge when
sending attachments such as contest announcements, results, entry forms
and whatnot.  Out of respect to those with slower connections, the list
still has a size limit, but I've increased it to 500K which would have
been sufficient to pass all the recently blocked messages on the first try.

If folks really have a problem with the size increase, I'll be glad to
reconsider - please contact me off list.

** We're coming up on 11 years of archived pattern know-how and history,
can you believe that!?

--
Tom

   "Z80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, she's
         sucking mud again!" - Error message on XENIX v3.0

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com