[NSRCA-discussion] World F3A contest

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 19 03:42:20 AKDT 2013

I like the feedback to the judges . . .

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com

________________________________
 From: Scott Smith <vze23c3q at gmail.com>
To: 'General pattern discussion' <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 6:11 AM
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] World F3A contest

TBL, as applied in F3A, is done at the flight level, not the maneuver level.  TBL will nullify the entire flight for the judge who is statistically higher or lower than the panel.  So a pilot’s average flight score for a round may be based on 3 or 4 judges rather than 5.

The problem with the missed zero is still a problem, but it shouldn’t be attributed to TBL.  When using “drop high/low” as done in the US F3A Nat’s the correct judge may very well be thrown out.  Check out the FAI full scale solution here:

http://www.exploit-design.com/AeroSoftware/FairPlay%20System%20explained%20v2a.pdf

Scott