[NSRCA-discussion] Bifocals

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 16:39:01 AKDT 2013

I've had a similar experience to Bob -- I have prescription progressive
lenses and have several sets of lenses for my Oakley sunglasses that I use
for bicycling in various conditions.  They do NOT work well for pattern
flying.  On the recommendation of Jon Carter (D7 VP) I investigated the
"Rudy Project" sunglasses with prescription inserts.  I had the insert made
with my distance prescription only and I have the polachromic red and golf
green (both nice, high-contrast lens colors) and usually fly with the Red.
 I *love* them.  The only hassle is having to switch glasses when I need to
do something close up like mess with my radio, read my scores, or use my
iDevices.  It's worth it though!

Peter+

--
Director, Fixed Wing Flight Training