[NSRCA-discussion] Battery going bad?

Chris cjm767driver at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 17 12:41:00 AKDT 2012

Bob,

I would look at the LVC setting on the ESC and the sensitivity value (if
it's a Castle). If the setting is sensitive it will cut out if it sees a
momentary touch of the LVC value where insensitive will need to see a
sustained drop in voltage.  What are the IR numbers on the pack, a 25C
pack should be in the 2.5-5.0 range normally and about 7 is probably
getting weak and worn out. On top of this a cold battery will drop very
voltage quickly under load.

A Castle engineer told me we should run these settings:
LVC 3.0v
Soft cutoff
Insensitive

Chris