[NSRCA-discussion] RCCD Contest Kudos

jett_1950 at comcast.net jett_1950 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 10 14:04:25 AKDT 2012

I want to add my thanks to Peter, his club and other helpers for running a fun contest under difficult conditions. Saw lots of good flying in a pretty tough crosswind (measured 23 MPH blowing in along the left hand box line at one point Saturday) and I enjoyed meeting and talking to the club guys who came to watch. If I get to live into my 80's I want to be like Willy!

I especially liked seeing Tom Brett's old airplane and talking to Mrs. Brett about it. What a difference fifty years make!

I also got an attitude adjustment...After flying a poor round I whined that I was having a bad weekend and Brenner said "At least you still have your airplane!" He was right, I was having a good weekend, just flying poorly.

Scott