[NSRCA-discussion] Converting Futaba 12Z to 2.4

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Oct 9 11:55:09 AKDT 2012

Paul,

I was a bit slow to adopt the 2.4ghz conversion. I never jumped onto the Spektrum bandwagon as a lot of people did (nothing against Spektrum) I just wanted to wait to see what Futaba would bring to the market. I started with a 6ch Futaba setup flying lots of smaller electrics, then stepped up to the 10c after that. I liked the 10c since I could use my old 72MHz modules in it. However, I never once used any of my 72MHz stuff. I took it all to the swap meet and sold all of it and have not looked back. Peace of mind is worth a lot.

I have converted a couple of older radios (7UAP and 8UAPS) with the TM-7 and TM-8 modules and they work well, but the 12Z I believe has the native 2.4ghz connector that should give it much quicker reponse (less latency). That is the route I would go if I were you.

Good luck.

Bob R.