[NSRCA-discussion] NSRCA BOD Meeting, 27 September

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 2 17:24:45 AKDT 2012

I did the scoring for the F3A World Competition in Muncie last year.  The only software I could use was GNAMI, a French piece of software and the only software approved for use in a Worlds competition by the FAI,  Other than having to learn some French to understand the menus, it worked very well and included not only scoring, but judge analysis.  A couple of judges were dismissed after the early rounds as a result of reporting from the GNAMI software. The Worlds offered a rare importunity to "judge" the judges as there were relatively large judging panels. even in the early rounds.

I have also used Scott Smith's Master Scoring software for some local contests this year. He also included judging performance metrics in his program so there is readily available reporting on judge performance if you use the software to its full potential.

I can't speak for the past, I would guess trying to import scores from past year's contests into Scott's program would be a tremendous amount of work.

We do need to send our best judges to the Worlds based on performance and our Nats is the best place to do so. We also need to make sure we use a consistent scoring program year to year so there are valid comparison across at least a couple of years.

The selection for the 2013 Worlds will be based on what we have now . . . . . .  we can do better for 2015.

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com