[NSRCA-discussion] Castle Creations Cap Packs

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Wed May 9 20:06:39 AKDT 2012

Yep.  A lot of the speed control manufacturers (Schultze in particular) are
very specific about the maximum length of the leads from the batteries to
the speed control, as the max current and pack voltage increase, the length
of the leads becomes more important.  The CapPack from Castle (and I think
Jeti or Schultze have similar products I've stumbled across) ensures a
smooth delivery of voltage to the speed control in situations where short
battery leads are not feasible.  I haven't seen an EP pattern ship that
needed it, even with arming switches, people are cutting their wires
shorter to save weight...

My 89" slick has a castle cap pack though...

Peter+

--
Director, Fixed Wing Flight Training