[NSRCA-discussion] Plettenberg 30-10 evo and Jeti ESC

James Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Mon Mar 19 17:21:49 AKDT 2012

Hi John, here is what I thought I knew:
1) The initial Futaba 2.4MHz 14Mz systems had a rep rate of about 66 frames per second (15 millisecond period).
2) With no changes to the transmitter, the 6008HS receiver had a frame rate of about 140 frames per second (7 millisecond period).
3) Therefore I assumed the transmitter always transmitted at the higher rate and the receiver decoder decided what data to use.

Now I'm not sure of anything.  The transmitted rep rate and the receiver output rep rate to the servos may be completely different.  The transmitted rep rate might be 300 frames per second or 50 and they may save all the data in the receiver and send it to the servos every 7 msec (some old data?) in some receivers and every 15 or 20 msec in others.  I would like to think the S.bus would send new data to the servos every 3 msec (PWM servos probably couldn't handle that but servos with a digital interface could).  It would be nice to talk to someone who knew how it  all worked.

I suspect the S.bus decoder puts out a pulse every 15 msec but I could be wrong.  In any case I think we know the ESCs will work with 15 msecs so they should work with the 7008SB as is.  I can't see how the receiver could be causing the problem as it was described.  What does Futaba say Robert?

Jim O