[NSRCA-discussion] jr 9303 help needed

Raymond Gandee rdgandee at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 18:40:04 AKDT 2012

Hello Ron,
It doesn't look like anyone is out there, maybe their still wrapping up
their weekend.
I have a Spectrum DX-7. I don't know how similar it is to a JR 9303, but I
will share my experience with my radio.
When I want to use a separate ailerons servo, I use flaperon to tie it to
the aileron channel, #2. I go to the function mode by holding both buttons
down and turn on the DX-7. It allows me to program things like dual rate
switch assignment, flaperon, elevon, flaperon trim active or inhibited,
model naming, etc. I turn flaperon on and flap:system flap trim active.
Both servos work from the aileron channel  simultaneously. I can set the
center of the flaperon servo with the subtrim but the main trim tab move
both servos at the simultaneously.
Mixes are another story, not as easy. I had a time getting two elevator
servos working in opposite directions to work simultaneously. It involved
setting an offset, rates(or end points), and switch assignment. I played
with it for hours until I finally got it to do what I wanted.
The mix needs to be on all the time, one channel will be the master channel
and the other channel will be the slave channel, set the offset so the
slave servo or channel is centered like the master or channel servo, and
set rates so mixed servo or travels the same distance as the master servo
or channel.
I hope this helps you with your dilemma,
Raymond