[NSRCA-discussion] Cutting through side of metal carrying case?

Dave Harmon k6xyz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 5 19:12:51 AKDT 2012

I found that using an IOTA 55A supply in the case that a sidewall mounted
fan was not needed if the chargers cooling fins and fans were open to the
air.

My box is the typical Harbor Freight type with 2 opposed opening lids and
the chargers are mounted on a top plate with a couple of 1 ½” holes for psu
exhaust. Of course the psu fan is open to the air as well. The psu fan
almost never runs at top speed even when loaded to 53A.

Dave Harmon

NSRCA 586

K6XYZ[at]sbcglobal[dot]net

Sperry, Ok.