[NSRCA-discussion] Neu Gearbox Grease Question

Scott Pavlock f3aflyer7 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 15:04:24 AKDT 2012

So it's my first time attempting to grease the gearbox on my Neu F3A, and I
have a question about a specific part of the motor.

The area around the center of the motor where the main gear comes out is
full of grease; quite a lot of it. Should I remove it all and re-pack it
with the same amount of grease, or leave it like it is? I linked to a
picture to explain where I am talking about: Click here for the picture of
the greased area <http://i.imgur.com/byrcg.jpg>. I'm used to seeing a
plastic washer cover this area in all of the pictures I have looked at, but
it looks like the housing of the motor has taken its place.

Thanks!

Scott Pavlock