[NSRCA-discussion] Fwd: Another discussion topic relating to new FAIrules

Dave Lockhart DaveL322 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 31 17:33:37 AKST 2012

"I'm sure he was just trying to give meaning to a poorly writen criteria."

In part, I think that is correct.  A major aspect of what Ramel was
attempting to convey to the judges was that a maneuver schedule containing a
variety of maneuvers might be best presented using a variety of styles, and
IF the style change(s) were warranted by a specific maneuver(s) to preserve
the technical aspects of that maneuver(s), there should be no style (s+g)
downgrade.  Simplest (fictional) example I can give would be a maneuver such
as a downline with an 8 point roll (more correctly, 8 consecutive 1/8
rolls).  To avoid meeting terra firma, the roll rates will be fast, and
hesitations short (compared to roll rates and hesitations elsewhere in the
flight), and there will be no s+g downgrade (for the style change).

So, in essence, IF a style change occurs, it can be downgraded under the
auspices of s+g..unless the style change was necessitated by the specific
maneuver (another judgment that must be made).

Regards,

Dave