[NSRCA-discussion] Main battery redundant lead for receiver

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 15:36:52 AKST 2012

Yeah, on my Vanquish even though the sum of all the parts that went into it
came to 4765g, I weighed the whole thing ready to go the other day and
found I was at 5030!  Not a huge deal since I'm in sportsman but I'm still
trying to figure out how one very minor repair to the LG plate and a change
to Secraft canopy locks would have come to 235 grams!  So I started looking
for lighter batteries -- I could get 30g back by switching to the V2 Falcon
props, but that's an extra $27 per prop, almost $1/gram saved.  I'm
currently only running one Rx battery precisely because of weight, so I'm
really liking the idea of being able to use the main as a backup and
switching to a lighter, lower capacity battery for my main Rx bat.

Peter+

--
Director, Fixed Wing Flight Training