[NSRCA-discussion] Arming Switch

Keith Hoard khoard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 10:47:40 AKST 2012

Just how many airplanes have we seen fly out of caller's hands at
contests?  Is this a widespread problem, or just isolated to a couple
contests?   Why can't the caller maintain positive control of the airplane
until the owner gets over to disconnect the battery?  If the caller and/or
pilot are that distracted after a flight, what is to keep them from
forgetting to removing the arming plug?

I think this is a solution wandering around looking for a problem.  If you
can't remember to disconnect your battery as soon as possible after a
flight and to only connect it just prior to flight then you won't remember
to use your arming plug to perform the same functions.

Keith Hoard
Collierville, TN
khoard at gmail.com