[NSRCA-discussion] Arming Switch

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Sun Feb 12 20:29:34 AKST 2012

On 2/12/12 7:19 PM, Peter Vogel wrote:
> Some would argue my preferred arming switch (The Emcotec safety power
> switch seen here: http://www.hkm-models.com/Emcotec%20Switches.html)
> does the same thing and I should use a more traditional circuit
> interrupting jumper ala the options Keith listed and I sent out a
> similar list a little before that but it would take the simultaneous
> failure of multiple independent components for that to happen.

FWIW as another voice in the wind, I too use the Emcotec magnetic
switch. Works great, plug the packs in and everything is safe until you
pull the plug. I also use their magnetic radio switch for the RX packs.
Nice regulated unit (also available unregulated). Rock sold devices that
are well built and worth every penny.

I look at these things from this perspective. Can anyone name on bad
thing that can happen using an arming switch/device?

Now how many bad things can you name if not using one?