[NSRCA-discussion] Going Electric - Battery Questions

Larry Diamond ldiamond at diamondrc.com
Fri Dec 7 09:37:06 AKST 2012

OK, play nice... Never dealt with electrics before... I could be way off base, but here is a stab at it...

Is my math flawed?

Motor - Himax 6330-210 F3A Motor (210KV)
ESC - Phoenix Ice 80HV - New V2 Version
Battery 10s - 37VDC

Plane - 2M Monolog

Max power range is about ~2,700 to ~3,000 watts with this set up...

Calculated Battery Discharge Rate = 80Amps (ESC rating) divided by 3,500mAh (battery capacity) = 22.9C

Based on this math I suspect that a 30C dicharge rate is good on paper... additional discharge performane = $$$ and I don't want to spend money on battery performance I don't need...

Class - Intermediate

What is the recommended battery capacity and discharge rate...?

I understand the many variables associated with the answer like, prop size, temps, wind, throttle control, yada, yada, yada...

I would like to fly the Intermediate sequence a couple time without having to refuel electrons...

Larry Diamond