[NSRCA-discussion] Rules change proposals

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 12:05:07 AKDT 2012

I don't see a lot of "new" rules (other than the physical disconnect, which
I'd prefer to have more flexibility in it, requiring only that for a plane
to runaway unexpectedly multiple systems must simultaneously fail, which
would allow me to continue using the pin flag switch I love). What I see
are well-intentioned modifications to existing rules, some of which are
necessary to allow for modern radio & other electronic equipment (Futaba,
Graupner, and Multiplex latest systems all have telemetry integrated into
the receiver and transmitters, so there's always a minimal amount of
bi-directional communication going on) similarly Hackers latest motors and
speed controllers have integrated sensors, some have telemetry data (that
works with Multiplex + other radios), etc.  So the rule against data coming
from the plane to the transmitter must be modified to keep up with
technological advances in the broader hobby (if you don't care or don't
want to use telemetry, fine, but don't exclude those of us who want battery
and radio signal data with a warning enabled just because you personally
are hide bound) -- it offers no competitive advantage, but it could save a
significant investment if something goes wrong...

Peter+

--
Director, Fixed Wing Flight Training