[NSRCA-discussion] YS 140??? and Happy Easter...

Phil S. chuenkan at comcast.net
Sun Apr 8 08:23:59 AKDT 2012

First I want to wish all my Christian friends a Happy Easter, today!
For my Jewish friends, you are starting Passover today, which is what
brought Christ to the city for that celebration.  After all of us
attended Sunrise Service to celebrate this Day, I hope you all collected
lots of colorful hard-boiled Fertility Symbols to further celebrate the
Day. (lol)

There have been several offers for a YS 140 to purchase.  I WILL buy one
(or two) this week, but I need some education, being a long-time OS/SPA
guy.  What are the differences between the 140 S, the 140 L, and the 140
DZ, not so much on horsepower, but in terms of reliability and
maintenance.  I will be doing most of my flying @ 900-1000 ASL, just as
QQ mentioned in his manual on the Yak-54.  I have all the info on HP,
props fuel and glow plugs, just looking for info on how they run and
perform on a day-to-day basis, with a non-pipe setup.

Many thanks...