[NSRCA-discussion] No telemetry rule & new radio systems

Peter Vogel vogel.peter at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 09:23:23 AKST 2011

That would be sweet, I'd have a better chance of winning :-)

I do not agree with Telemetry being used as part of the judging criteria,
nor do I agree with Telemetry data being used by a competitor for flight
data, but I do believe that safety and airframe protection make sense from
a telemetry perspective: system voltage, current draw, temperature, power
even would seem prudent and not allow for a competitive advantage.  GPS,
heading, altitude, airspeed, etc. should be illegal for both judges and
competitors. I could see altitude limiting functions being appropriate and
necessary in a potential future if the FAA were to designate a maximum
altitude for model aircraft operations regardless of proximity to full
scale airports.  But that would be a limiting/warning function, not an
always present data point the pilot or caller could see.

Peter+

--
Did you know? Arthritis affects people in all age groups including nearly
300,000 children.