[NSRCA-discussion] NEVRC 5th Annual Pattern Contest Results

Mark V. ontheedge at epix.net
Mon May 23 15:18:32 AKDT 2011

Can't believe we pulled this off. Five straight days of rain and two days (Sat & Sun) without a drop . The pattern gods were watching over us this weekend gentlemen (It's raining once again as I'm typing by the way) . It started and stopped raining eight times while I was cutting the grass (wet clumpy grass at that). Had no choice. We either cut the grass in the rain on Friday or issue tundra tires to the pilots on Saturday to roll through the thick grass. Think we mowed the runway and pit area three times to cut and then blow the grass clumps to the sides. Hope the rest of the season starts to dry out a little or the EPA might reclassify our parking area as wet lands! LOL

Another weekend of fantastic flying. Tons of real smooth flights in all classes and all this at one of the earlier contests of the season without a lot of dry days to practice. Hats off to all the pilots. No real issues to think of other than some delaminated gear and an electric dead stick to a safe landing. See contest results below........compete scores to be updated on the NSRCA site soon.

Huge thanks to all the judges who stepped up so we can keep things running smooth with little down time. Anyone who's ever run a precision aerobatics contest knows that arranging judges is the toughest part of the contest but the D1 guys were there when I needed them. Never had to pull the whip and cattle prod out of the van. Thanks again to all of you.

Ton of gratitude to the NEVRC members for the food, scoring, maintenance and other tasks. We only have about a dozen members or so but we seem to get the job done. We certainly hope you all had a nice time and would enjoy having you back anytime. Be it a contest or just stopping by to fly. As in the past, any comments or suggestions on what we/I can do to make things any better please call or email me.

It's with sincere thanks and hopes for your continued and safe flying/contest season. Hope to see you all next year at the 6th Annual NEVRC Pattern Contest. Best of luck to all those traveling to the Nats and the Worlds as well.

Regards,
Mark Vukmanovich

Here are the results:

Sportsman: