[NSRCA-discussion] Muncie Judging Seminar/Contest

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 07:39:52 AKDT 2011

Just wanted to say "Thank You!" to Dave Johnstone and his support team for a great Judging Seminar and opening D4-D5 contest this weekend at the AMA National Flying site. Strong crosswinds combined with rusty skills, new airplanes, and new sequences made for a fun-filled weekend. The weather in this part of the country has kept us from the practice field with rain practically every day this Spring. The pattern gods were smiling this weekend as the weather let us get the Judging Seminar and a full 6 round contest in before the rain showers moved in on the area.

D5's Mike Mueller brought Brandon (sorry, never did catch his last name), a young newcomer with great promise. He flew a YS powered Finesse with retracts, the perfect choice for the weekend, fast and sleek.

This was my my first experience flying an electric pattern plane and I want to thank Bill Ahrens and Mark Atwood for their Castle Creations/Airtronics help.

A big thank you also to D4's pattern legend Verne Koester for his calling skills and patience. Very much appreciated.

Bob Kane

getterflash at yahoo.com