[NSRCA-discussion] Updating the Judging Pages

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Sat Jan 29 13:23:15 AKST 2011

On 1/29/2011 1:53 PM, rcmaster199 at aol.com wrote:

> ... A record including name, year,
> district and possibly class will be maintained automatically (I hope we
> can do that, but I have not discussed it yet with Marty or Tom)

It's like the "Sons of Guns" show: if you can tell us what you
want, we can build it.

HOW it would work is variable.  There is always more than one
way to implement things in software.  Probably the simplest
thing is to add a table along with a new component to maintain
it.  The Joomla User ID would correlate the new table with
the Community Builder's table; that means that you would not
carry the person's name, address, NSRCA number, AMA number, or
district in the new table, but would retrieve that information
as needed from the CB table.  The new table would only have the
extra information needed for the judging system: the date on
which the exams were passed for judging different levels.

That part is easy to think through.

The harder part is if you want the system to make up tests
and grade them "automatically."  There are probably components
out there already that do that; it is a popular use of computer
technology in schools.

					Marty