[NSRCA-discussion] Lightweight Filler for Glass Fuse

Verne Koester verne at twmi.rr.com
Tue Jan 4 20:58:57 AKST 2011

Hi Brian,

I've had real good results with a product called "Icing" by USC. It's a
bondo-like polyester filler that's much thinner than Bondo and very easy to
sand. It would be perfect for the depressions you describe and also works
great for seam filling and blending. You have to work pretty fast with it
because you've only got about 4 minutes or so after you mix in the hardener.
It's typically ready to sand in 20 minutes to an hour depending on the
amount of hardener you use. I mix small batches on index cards and use bondo
spreaders I've cut down to various widths to spread it. It's compatible with
all the stuff we typically use. Automotive paint stores should have it
locally or you could just google it and order online. Hope this helps.

Verne