[NSRCA-discussion] exhaust temp of a ys 1.75

Jeff Hill jh102649 at speakeasy.net
Sat Dec 10 13:52:55 AKST 2011

Mike -

The aluminum in our mufflers and headers is very thin. Unless you are really good at joining thin sections I would take it to a machine shop. Here in New Mexico I have had good luck. Once I find a shop that can do the job I talk directly to the craftsman. Most of these jobs take only a few minutes and for $10 or $15 bucks they are usually willing to do it on their lunch hour. Doing it through the shop itself is ok too, you'll probably pay the shop's minimum.

Jeff Hill