[NSRCA-discussion] Info

Dennis Bodary d_bodary at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 3 15:59:52 AKST 2011

I have flown mine. I used a 63-62-250 outrunner ElectrifyA CC85HVI used a 10S 5000 20Cpack, and it is heavy 2lbs 11oz.I used ES Carbon Landing gearUsed a Graph Tech carbon fiber wing tubeUsed JR 4131 Aileron servosUsed Futaba 9405 Rudder servoCan not remember the aileron servo probably a JR 8101Used a MK Tailwheel assemblyAnd used a MK Bellcrank assembly for the elevator. Used a 18x12 APC prop due to clearance issuesUsed precision aerobatics carbon fiber wheel pantsUsed a 6014FS Futaba receiver and a 600mah Nicd receiver pack.I forget exactly what it weighs. If memory serves me correct it is 11lbs 13ozsAnd it is nose heavy, by quite a bit. When i run a 10S 5000 10C pack from Tru RC it flies better a noticeable amount. I want to say the Tru RC pack is 3 ounces lighter then the 20C pack. It is still nose heavy with the Tru-RC pack just not as much.Not sure if the electrify motor is the most efficient motor. When it was new it drew 79 amps at full
 throttle with the 18x12 APC prop.I have never tried another prop with this plane, going bigger just is not going to work for ground clearance issues with the gear that i am running.I had to add extra right thrust with my set up. Quite a bit in fact. And also had to add some up thrust as well. Not sure if any extra right thrust or up thrust would be needed with a 120AX or a 140RX