[NSRCA-discussion] FW: Proposed NSRCA sequences for 2011 and beyond

Dave DaveL322 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 24 08:34:40 AKDT 2010

John,

I'm not quite sure how to respond as I think my commentary made perfect
sense.

I'll try it another way -

The US has a substantial number of pilots that do not aspire to
international competition.  Many Masters pilots have expressed the opinion
that if they were required to fly a more difficult schedule, or fly multiple
schedules, they would drop out of the event.  So why force them into a class
that contains elements they clearly don't want, and for which they have
virtually no input or control?  How does chasing people out of the event
benefit pattern in the US?

With respect to "ALL the lower classes and maneuvers are selected by someone
else(the sequence committee)"

I couldn't disagree more.  The Seq Com has always been comprised of pilots
from all classes, and the direction taken by the Seq Com has always been
based on survey results and feedback from the masses.  "Someone else" is us,
just like the judges are us.

Regards,

Dave Lockhart

  _____