[NSRCA-discussion] Heads up for mailing list server updates

Tom Simes simestd at netexpress.com
Thu Sep 23 10:02:38 AKDT 2010

On 09/19/10 12:34, Tom Simes wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> The time has come to update the OS on the server hosting the NSRCA
> mailing lists. I'll send an update when the work is complete, but the
> list server and the archives will be unavailable for brief periods while
> I update both the server OS as well as the VPS that the list server
> lives on. I have backups, and if all goes well there will be at least
> three reboots and a couple of hours downtime for rebuilding the VPS
> environment.

Sorry for the delay, a fresh point release of the OS was coming out and
I wanted to wait for it as opposed to upgrading twice in a week to get
current.  The list server will be down briefly while I rebuild the VPS
environment onto the new OS.  Please use the time constructively :)

I'll post again when the fun and games can resume.

--
Tom

    "Z-80 system stack overflow.  Shut 'er down Scotty, the system's

Tom Simes                                       simestd at netexpress.com