[NSRCA-discussion] 3D Hobby Shop Osiris

edwarda10pilot at aol.com edwarda10pilot at aol.com
Fri Sep 10 08:04:51 AKDT 2010

I agree with Vince and Ed below. I fly intermediate and I have an early model Shinden and am building a Black Magic V3. I am also mentoring a 13 year old flying a Temptation. His mother was looking for a plane that would get him thru Intermediate and Advanced so she just bought him a full house Valiant. If a rules change was put in place for Intermediate and Advanced that would take effect in 2012, we would both be forced to quit flying pattern or replace the planes. I agree that it would be nice if we could find a way to reduce/control costs to some degree in Sportsman and Intermediate. Perhaps, as mentioned previously, a weight limit on Sportsman and Intermediate or possibly a dimensional limit on these two classes. Might consider 8 pounds for Sportsman and 10 pounds for Intermediate and the current limits on Advanced. An 8 pound limit would allow planes like the Focus Sport, Osiris, some of the Seb Art planes and others in the 62" to 65" wingspan or so size class in Sportsman and 10 pounds on Intermediate would allow some of the older 1.20 or 1.40 size planes (some of the planes that were flying just prior to turnaround, like SL-1 or similar sized planes). I would also agree that if we reduce the size of the planes for the Sportsm and and Intermediate classes we should not penalize them for flying a smaller plane and we might also consider allowing them for fly closer in (perhaps 100 meters or so)without penalty

Just M2C

Ed Valls