[NSRCA-discussion] Height of manuevers

Bob Kane getterflash at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 17:46:52 AKDT 2010

The "top" of the box is 60 degrees from horizontal, so if the AMA recommends flying 150 to 175 meters out, and we consider this the short leg of our triangle, with a little trig we can calculate the hypotenuse (line of sight from the pilot to the top of the box) to be 260 to 303 meters, and the height above ground level will be 225 to 262 meters or 730 to 853 feet.

Bob Kane

getterflash at yahoo.com